- Cook pasta to al dente according to package instructions. Rigatoni should take about 8-10 minutesl
- Reserve 1 cup (250 mL) of the starchy pasta water, strain and set asidel
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until just starting to brown, 5-6 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts, garlic, onion, apple, red pepper flakes and a few pinches of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until golden, 10-12 minutes.
- Add the cream (or milk) and milk (or stock) and stir, scraping up any stuck-on bits from the bottom of the pan as you do.
- Add in the Dijon, lemon zest and juice, turkey, kale and cooked rigatoni. Fold everything together gently so the noodles stay intact.
- Taste for seasoning, adding more salt if needed.
- Pour into a lightly greased casserole dish (you can use one large or 4 single-serving dishes).
- Top with cheddar cheese and fresh ground pepper and bake for 10-15 minutes or until noodles and cheese are golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
*If you don't have pre-cooked turkey, buy the breast, pat it dry with paper towel and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Sear on a hot skillet over medium-high heat until golden, flip to brown the opposite side and cook until an internal meat thermometer reaches 170F (76C) in a 375F (190C) oven.