TIP: Use any turkey roast leftovers to make a hearty and healthy salad for dinner or lunch the next day. Visit canadianturkey.ca and search for ‘salad’ to access our library of inspirational recipes.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a medium-sized deep glass bowl or Ziploc bag. Marinate the turkey breast roast for a minimum of 2 hrs, turning at least once every hour to coat.
- Wipe the roast of any excess marinade. Season with salt.
- Place roast on cedar plank.
- Heat BBQ to medium. Cook the roast over indirect heat (turn one burner off and place plank over this burner. Leave the other burners on).
- Cook for 50 mins – 1 ½ hrs until meat is cooked through and registers 165°F (74°C) on a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat. (Heat setting and cook time will depend on the power of your BBQ.)
- Once cooked, remove the roast from the grill and let rest for 20 mins before slicing.
- While the roast is resting, make the tomato salsa.
- Grill tomatoes over high heat until soft and blistered, 3-6 mins. Leave the tomatoes on the vine or use a grill basket for easier handling.
- Remove from heat and season with olive oil, thyme and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with sliced roast.