Slow cooker method:
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium-high.
- Add cut sausages and brown evenly on all sides.
- Add garlic and rosemary to the pan, followed by canned tomatoes and beans.
- Add salt and pepper and cover, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, then simmer for another 15 minutes, uncovered until the mixture reduces and starts to thicken. Serve with chunks of bread.
Leave sausages whole and brown for 2-3 minutes on each side then set aside. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon half the mixture into the bottom of the slow cooker, then add all of the sausages, spooning the balance of bean mixture on top. Cook 2 hours on medium-high and cut sausages in halves or thirds before serving.