Preheat barbeque to medium-high, covered for 10 minutes
- Mix yogurt, fig jam, olive oil and sea salt to make marinade and marinate turkey thighs for a minimum of one hour and up to overnight.
- Open barbeque and place yogurt-marinated thighs on grill. With the lid kept open, cook, turning once or twice, until internal temperature reaches 170oF (77oC), 15-20 minutes.
- Shred slightly so it fits well into the sandwich.
- While thighs cook, place a cast iron skillet on the barbeque and add the mushrooms, oil garlic and salt.
- Cook, without stirring for about 7 minutes (this helps them get nice and crisp) until golden brown around the edges, 15-20 minutes.
- Place the slices of bread down, and top with a layer of fig jam, the grilled turkey thigh meat, a layer of mushrooms, crumbled feta and lots of pepper.
- Top with greens and place second slice of bread on top. Slice in half and enjoy!
- Chop your skinned figs in half and place in a pot with brandy, lemon zest and juice, and sugar.
- Let sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat to a simmer and let cook for 30 minutes.
- Break up the fruit with a fork or a potato masher.
- Pour into a jam jar and place in the fridge to cool.
- Makes 1/2 cup (125 mL). Will keep for 2 weeks.