These gyros are fun for the kids since they get to decide what they want to add to their gyro and play chef for a few minutes. The toppings here are very versatile; if you don't like tomatoes, don't use them. If you prefer lettuce to spinach, switch it up. Enjoy!
- Blend the first eight marinade ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over the whole turkey breast in a shallow dish and let it marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Remove from fridge and let come to room temperature before cooking.
- Stir all the Tzatziki ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Taste for salt and pepper and add until it tastes the way you like it. If you like it tangier, add more lemon juice.
- Let cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and place whole breast on for 10-12 minutes on each side.
- The turkey breast is fully cooked when the internal temperature has reached 165F (74C).
- Let cool slightly so you're able to handle the turkey. Slice the turkey breast into strips.
- Coat each flat bread with a few tablespoons (45 mL) of tzatziki, top with turkey and whatever toppings you like best, such as a layer of tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers, feta, olives, fresh mint and avocado.
- Roll up and secure with tin foil or parchment paper.