Prep the ingredients: Have all your ingredients prepped and ready within hands reach before you begin. Cooking fried rice is a very fast process and things move fast. Being prepared will ensure that the process goes smoothly. Continuously stir: Cooking a good stir-fry is all about continuously stirring over high heat. This ensures an even distribution of heat and even cooking. I usually use 2 spatulas to stir fry evenly and quickly. How to store: Store fried rice in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. You can reheat in the microwave or for a few minutes on a skillet.
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet over medium high heat for 2 minutes until sizzling and hot. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant. Stir in jalapeño (if using).
- Add shredded or cubed turkey and stir to combine, about 1 minute. Move the mixture to one side of the skillet and add eggs to the empty space in the skillet. Stir the eggs until scrambled and cooked through, yet still tender, about 1 minute. (The eggs should be springy and bright in colour, and not too dry at this stage). Stir to combine all ingredients together.
- Add cooked rice and all seasoning including soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable stock powder, white pepper, salt and black pepper. Stir well to combine, about 2 minutes. If the rice is not soft enough, add up to 1/4 cup of water to soften it.
- Add carrots and peas, and stir fry for 2 minutes, evenly mixing and distributing the ingredients. Then, stir in green onions.
- Serve hot on a plate, and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.