Cooking Tip: Cooking over hardwood charcoal and adding dried allspice berries to the coals will produce the most authentic “jerk” flavour.
Prep time: 4-24 hours
- To make the marinade combine oil, garlic, ginger, green onion, jalapeno, bay leaf, rum, lime juice, salt, allspice, thyme and brown sugar. Puree in a food processor or blender until finely chopped.
- Cut the breast into large cubes. Mix the turkey cubes with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 -24 hours.
- Thread onion, mango and turkey onto 4 skewers alternating each item.
- Cook over medium heat (350ᵒF | 175ᵒC) on an oiled grill for about 15 minutes, turning once halfway through. The turkey is cooked when the internal temperature reaches 170°F (77°C).