- Cut turkey into 3/4-inch (2 cm) cubes.
- In large non-stick saucepan or deep skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook turkey until lightly browned but still pink inside, about 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon into 6 cup (1.5 L) baking dish or deep pie plate. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil to same pan.
- Sauté leeks, mushroom and tarragon for 2-3 minutes; cover and cook about 3 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir to blend.
- Gradually stir in poultry stock, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon mixture over turkey.
- Invert thawed pie shell over casserole pressing pastry edge to baking dish and crimp or flute the edges. Cut 3-4 slits in pastry.
- Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and pastry is brown.
Substitute 3 cups (750 mL) cubed cooked turkey for 1 lb.( 500g ) turkey breast; decrease oil to 1 tbsp (15 mL) and omit browning. Place cooked meat in casserole and continue as directed above.