TIP: You can substitute white wine for Marsala if you don’t have on hand. To lighten up the sauce, replace the cream and butter with 1/3 cup milk and 1 tsp cornstarch. The recipe can easily be doubled to feed 4-6 people.
- Slice turkey breast into 1-inch medallions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly dredge in flour.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Brown turkey on both sides, and cook through until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add shallots and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms, and cook until mushrooms are browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Deglaze with Marsala wine.
- Add cream, butter and broth.
- Bring to a gentle boil and cook until sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes. (For a thicker sauce, sprinkle with additional 1 tsp of flour.)
- Remove from heat. Return turkey to the pan, cover with sauce and top with parsley.