Excellent source of thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B12, folate and pantothenate. Good source of vitamin B6, choline, manganese and iron.
- Set the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice 4 thin squares of feta and crumble the rest. Place the feta squares and crumble on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Set under the broiler until lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Mix the turkey, eggs, panko bread crumbs, thyme and the browned crumbled feta until combined. Form into 4 patties and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, whisk together pomegranate juice and cornstarch and bring to a simmer over medium low heat. While simmering, add the lemon zest, lemon juice, cardamom pods and sugar.
- When the sauce reduces to a thick syrup, add the pomegranate seeds and cook for another few minutes. The sauce should have an almost jam like consistency.
- Remove the cardamom pods, take sauce off the burner and set aside.
- On a hot grill cook the patties for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the patties registers 165°F.
- Place a turkey patty on one half of each bun, add a square of roasted feta on each patty, add sauce and top each burger with the other half of the bun.