Turn this into a regular sandwich if you’re looking for something to make ahead of time, or to take on the go! Eliminate toasting the bread, add a second slice; mix the hot honey with the ricotta before spreading onto the sandwich. It would make a great addition to your meal prep for the week!
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Place your turkey breast in an oven-safe dish. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix well to combine. Spread the oil and spice mixture over top of the turkey breast. Place the turkey in the oven to roast for 40-45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the turkey reads 165F. Once the turkey is fully cooked, place it on a plate to cool and set aside.
- While the turkey is cooking, combine the honey, cayenne pepper and hot sauce in a small bowl. Start with a small amount of both the cayenne pepper and hot sauce and adjust the amount to suit your taste preferences.
- Prepare the blanched asparagus: bring a small pot of water to a boil. Slice the asparagus on an angle. Once the water is boiling, drop the asparagus in and cook for 2- 3 minutes, or until it just begins to turn bright green. Immediately remove the asparagus from the boiling water and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well and dry using a paper towel, set aside.
- While the turkey is cooling, toast the bread slices. Thinly slice the radishes and cut the asparagus spears on an angle.
- Once the bread is toasted, spread the ricotta evenly over the top of both slices. Thinly slice the turkey and layer 3-4 slices on each piece of bread. Top each sandwich with the sliced asparagus or radishes- whichever you prefer! Drizzle the desired amount of hot honey over each sandwich just before serving. Enjoy!