While this shredded turkey is great for tacos, it can also be used for nachos, pizza, or even sandwiches.
- Preheat the oven to 350oF (177 o C).
- First, create the dry rub by stirring together the chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, cinnamon, onion powder, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Coat both sides of the turkey breasts with the dry rub.
- Pour about 1 cup (250 mL) of the salsa into the bottom of a 2 quart (1.8 L) casserole dish. Place the turkey breasts in a single layer on top of the salsa, and then pour the remaining salsa over the turkey.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature of the turkey is 165oF (74 oC).
- Place the turkey on a large cutting board, and using two forks, shred all the turkey into bite sized pieces. Stir the shredded turkey into the salsa in the casserole dish.
- Serve your shredded turkey with your favourite taco toppings.