Make the sweet potato puree and caramelized brussels sprouts while the turkey cooks in the oven and serve all dishes hot and fresh!
Make the tapenade
Make the sweet potato puree
- On high speed pulse all ingredients in a blender until you have a fully blended mixture.
Make the Brussels Sprouts
- Place peeled and chopped sweet potatoes in a pot with cold water. Place pot on high heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Drain sweet potatoes, add heavy cream, sea salt to taste, butter and vanilla extract.
- Place mixture into a blender, blend on medium speed for 3 minutes or until you have a smooth texture.
Make the turkey
- Take Brussels spouts, remove outer leaves, score the base with sharp knife, place brussels sprouts in a pot of well-salted boiling water. cook until tender (approx. 20 minutes).
- Remove, cool at room temperature and season with sea salt, black pepper and cumin seeds. Place in a cast iron skillet into a 350-degree oven. Roast for 45-60 mins until brussels sprouts are evenly caramelized.
- Place deboned/boneless turkey breast, skin side down on a cutting board. Using a knife begin to butterfly breast. Once you have the turkey breast butterflied season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Spread tapenade evenly over turkey breast. Add goat cheese. Using kitchen twine trust breast to create a roll. Season turkey roll with sea salt and black pepper.
- Pre heat olive oil in large cast iron skillet. Add turkey roll and evenly roast all sides of turkey roll until golden brown.
- Place turkey roll into a pre heated 375-degree oven. Roast roll for 45 minutes or until interior of roll is 165 degrees. Allow 10 minutes to rest.
- Carve and place sliced rolls onto sweet potato puree alongside caramelized brussels sprouts. Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy.