TIP: This recipe is a perfect dish to plan to make when entertaining or having a family BBQ. Double the recipe to feed a large group. You can marinate the turkey and boiled the potatoes ahead of time to cut cooking time down to minutes!
- For the marinade: combine all ingredients.
- Slice the turkey breast into 1-inch steaks.
- Pound each steak between two slices of plastic wrap to flatten to about ½ inch thickness.
- Pour marinade over the turkey and turn to coat evenly.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Bring a medium sized pot of salted water to boil.
- Add potatoes and boil until fork tender but not falling apart, 15 – 20 minutes.
- ‘Smash’ potatoes with the back of a frying pan until cracked and flattened but not broken up.
- Place the potatoes in tin foil with olive oil, salt and pepper. BBQ over direct heat and roast until browned, 10-15 minutes.
- Toss zucchini, asparagus and cherry tomatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat the BBQ to medium heat.
- Remove the turkey from the marinade. Make sure to brush off any excess.
- BBQ the turkey for 3-5 minutes per side until cooked through.
- BBQ the vegetables in a BBQ basket until tender and lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Remove the tomatoes sooner if they begin to overcook.
- Arrange turkey, vegetables and potatoes on a large platter and serve family style.