Leaving the onion skins on for the roasting pan will create a darker jus. The dressing can be made a day in advance and then re-heated at 350F for 20min.
Prep time: 24 hr to brine; 20 min to prepare turkey
Step 1 – Brine the turkey
Step 2 – Prep the turkey for roasting
- In a large stock pot mix together the pickle brine, Caesar mix, salt, sugar, Worcestershire and water until the salt and sugar dissolves.
- Slowly, submerge the entire turkey in the brine so it’s completey covered with liquid. Cover with a lid and place in the fridge for 24hrs.
Step 3 - Make the dressing
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Remove the turkey from the refrigerator and pour out all of the brine.
- Line the bottom of a roasting pan with the celery, onion and parsley along with 1 cup of water and rest the turkey on top,
- Dry the surface of the turkey really well with paper towels.
- Brush the turkey liberally with the melted butter.
- Mix together the Caesar rimmer seasoning and paprika and sprinkle over the entire turkey, inside and out.
- Place in the middle rack of the oven and cook for 3 ½ hrs, basting every hour. Cook until a meat thermometre, in the thickest part of the inner thigh (not touching bone) reads 170F.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and tent with aluminum foil. Let the turkey rest for 30-45min.
Step 4 - Caesar jus
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the canol oil, onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft and transluscent.
- Add the vodka and cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Add the stock, celery seed, pepperettes, pickles, Worcestershire, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5min until the liquid has reduced by half .
- Add the bread to a large mixing bowl along with the the vegetable and pickle mixture. Stir in the parsley and ground pepper.
- Spray a 9x11 baking pan with non-stick spray. Add the stuffing to the pan and distrbute it evenly.
- Cover the pan with tinfoil and cook for 25min. Then remove the foil and cook for another 15min.
- Skim some of the fat off the top of the drippings.
- Add the drippings, caesar mix, vodka and Worcestershire to a medium pot and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5min.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour and cold water to create a flour slurry.
- Quickly whisk the slurry into the jus mixture and simmer for 3min or until it’s thickened slightly.