- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blanch 6 asparagus sprigs in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and reserve. Arrange the remaining asparagus on the baking sheet.
- Brush the asparagus with olive oil, add 6 slices of pancetta next to it.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the asparagus is lightly toasted and still crispy. Remove crispy pancetta slices and pat dry with paper towels.
PREPARING THE TURKEY BALLOTINE
- Open each piece of breast by making an incision, but without cutting completely in half. Divide a turkey breast in half lengthwise. Flatten slightly.
- In the center of a piece of aluminum foil, place 3 slices of pancetta and add the piece of turkey breast. Stuff the turkey breast with cheese and 3 sprigs blanched asparagus. Close the aluminum foil tightly to form a cylinder. Repeat the process to make a second roll.
COOKING TURKEY BALLOTINE
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- In a frying pan, cook the two cylinders at medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side. To avoid overheating of the pan, you can place slices of potatoes cut in half and brushed with a bit of oil.
PREPARATION OF THE DRESSING
- Preheat the barbecue to medium. Cook turkey on bottom rack for about ten minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Place on the top rack of the barbecue and continue cooking with the lid closed for 5 to 10 minutes. Cooking is variable from one barbecue to another and it is best to check the temperature in the center with a meat thermometer to get (165°F).
PREPARING THE CAESAR SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS AND TURKEY BALLOTINE
- Crush a clove of garlic at the bottom of a bowl. Put the egg yolks in the mixing bowl with the Dijon mustard, then stir in vinegar. Using a whisk, gently stir in the oil. Add the capers, parmesan, parsley (if using) and season. Mix well.
Gently open the foil wraps. Cut the turkey ballotine to make beautiful slices. Place grilled asparagus on a plate, add turkey, garnish with parmesan shavings, pancetta and croutons. Serve with Caesar vinaigrette.