You can use whatever leftovers you have around! These are just suggestions, and you can modify based on your preferences.
- Combine the flours, salt and butter in a bowl. Add the 1/3c ice water and mix until a shaggy dough forms. Wrap in plastic wrap, and let rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Fetch dough from the fridge, and roll out on a floured surface until it’s ¼” thick, as round as you can manage. It’s ok if the edges are rough! This is a rustic dish, so don’t worry about trimming it.
- Layer the turkey leftovers in the centre - first turkey, then gravy, mashed potatoes, squash / sweet potatoes if you have them, followed by dressing.
- Fold the edges of the pastry inwards, to just cover the edges of the filling.
- Whisk the egg and water together, and brush over the pastry edges of the galette.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and pop in a 375F oven for 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Top with cranberry sauce and steamed peas.
- Slice into servings, and top with warmed gravy. Enjoy!