TIP: You can make your turkey falafel bites up to 1 day ahead and refrigerate until needed. Feel free to serve with any or all of your favourite dips like hummus, baba ganoush or roasted red pepper dip.
Makes: 36 appetizers
- Heat olive oil in a medium size frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 2-4 minutes until softened and just beginning to brown.
- Add ground turkey, paprika, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook an additional 7-10 minutes, until turkey is cooked through and no longer pink. Mix to break up any larger chunks. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare falafel mix according to package directions.
- Add turkey mixture and combine.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Shallow fry or sauté in a non-stick frying pan.
- Cook falafel balls until browned, 2 minutes per side.
- Remove and let drain on paper towels until cooled.
- To assemble, spread tzatziki across a large appetizer platter.
- Dot with turkey falafel bites.
- Top each bite with an appetizer skewer.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, pistachio nuts and cilantro.
- Drizzle with honey.