TIP: Feel free to use what you have to season or top your bowls! Sometimes I add lots of grated ginger, dried or fresh fruits, change up the sauce, crushed peanuts or almonds – it’s really all up to you and your tastes.
- Cook the brown rice per the package instructions, usually 2 cups of brown rice to 3 cups liquid vegetable stock (and a splash of soy sauce in this case!).
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes with the heat off, then fluff.
- As the rice cooks, prepare the ground turkey. Toast the spices in a dry medium-hot pan until just fragrant. Add 1Tbsp olive oil and garlic. In a large bowl, mix the spices and garlic evenly with the ground turkey. Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, and cook the spiced turkey mixture until cooked through and toasty brown in spots with no pink remaining. Keep crumbling it with your spatula as you go!
- Poach 5 eggs (I do 90 seconds, dropped directly into in simmering water). Store in water. These can be warmed before serving by immersing in hot water for a minute!
- At this point, you can store the rice and turkey together in the fridge if you like, to dress as a meal whenever you need. Or you can go ahead and prep all 5 breakfasts at once.
- To prep all 5 breakfasts at once, divide the rice evenly across 5 containers, same with the turkey, chopped green onion, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, avocado, tomato and cucumber. Season to your taste with soy sauce & toasted sesame oil.
- Top with a warmed poached egg whenever you need a meal! Will keep well for 5 days.