TIP: You can make the meatballs, pasta and garlic oil up to 5 days ahead of time to have all the ingredients ready for a quick weeknight meal. Feel free to substitute with any pasta or greens you may have on hand.
- Combine garlic, ½ cup olive oil and sage in a small saucepan over very low heat. Bring to a bare simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook for 15-20 minutes until garlic is softened and golden brown. Mixture can be kept up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When draining, set aside ¾ cup of pasta water to have on hand when assembling the final dish. Pasta can be made up to 3 days in advance.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium to high heat.
- Add Swiss chard and sauté for 2-3 minutes until wilted and lightly browned.
- Add meatballs.
- Add pasta and toss until heated through and lightly browned in spots, 3-4 minutes. Add 2 tbsp of pasta water, and more as needed, to keep the pasta moist and creamy and avoid drying out.
- Remove from heat. Finish with garlic sage oil including whole garlic and sage leaves and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately with additional garlic sage oil and Parmesan cheese to taste on the side.